A Departure

Next season I will be coaching at Tatum High School as the Run Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach. It's an opportunity that popped out of no where and something I consider a big step in the coaching ladder from being a Freshman Assistant. It's definitely going to be a challenge, especially not being at Longview, but no one ever changed comfortably. Sometimes you've got to flip the script and take risk in order to get the things you want. 



There are goals that I want to achieve both professionally as a coach and socially through "The Garden" and this is a stepping stone. I'm grateful for the lessons learned and opportunity I was granted by Coach John King. He's an awesome coach and creates a family work atmosphere that you'll only understand if you work for him. 
This isn't it for The Garden. I've still got plenty of leftover Lobo themed writings to get you guys through next season, and trust me, this will be one of the tools to get me through my next challenge. 
Thanks to my beautiful wife, Victoria Borens. She has been incredibly supportive throughout this decision making process. Her support is what makes me feel like I can make this move. From the homemade lasagna last night to the bag full of goodies and an XBox1 wire, she lets me know she's proud of me, and that deserves public recognition babe. 



Lobo for life here. Plus, you never know, maybe one day I'm back in the future.😉😉😉

Comments